Fashion determines that we wear leather trousers. In one way or another, obviously, they always sneak into the catwalk proposals, although they rarely reach the street (beyond the red carpets).
Leather trousers are one of those pieces that look good on spotlights, but you rarely see yourself in them. You identify them, you look at them, you value them, you see other guys who are wearing them out, like Timothée Chalamet, Justin Theroux or Kanye West, for example. And you jump and wonder. If they look good on them, why not you? They don't seem that hard to put together either, do they? Chalamet wears them as if they were part of a black suit, Theroux as if they were jeans and West in a sweatshirt. A priori they are as versatile as jeans. But when you imagine yourself tucking your legs into them, it's inevitable not to remember Ross Geller and his awkward situation with the leather pants. It is something that is installed in our memory and is difficult to erase.
Even so, the main fashion firms have decided, all together, to erase this embarrassing Friends scene from our heads and finally convince us to give these pants a try. For options, that is not, and they are far from being tight to the skin.
Many people reserve leather trousers for the night environment. It will be because of the shine that gives it an air of party and formality; however, the leather pants are suitable for any time of the day. They can be combined with shirts and blazers for a more striking style, or with basic shirts and sneakers for a sportier and more relaxed look. Two fashion icons who have them among their favorite clothes are Gigi Hadid and Kendall Jenner.
There is no doubt that leather trousers are a garment that must be incorporated into the day to day. Although black is the most classic, and the easiest to combine, you can also go for brown, burgundy or red for a more daring and attractive look. They are ideal to combine with leather jackets, or a leather blazer, especially for a night out in cities like Melbourne or Sydney.
They are not new to the fashion scene. But it has been during the last few seasons that they have established themselves in the wardrobe of stylish women and men, something that attracts attention because they have a luxurious and chic vibe. This makes them a perfect alternative to ditch your jeans on cold days. An important item when combining these pants are the shoes, something that is simple, as with jeans.
This formula with a somewhat rock character has proven its versatility to be able to star in any imaginable garment, from shirts to opera gloves, through miniskirts, draped dresses, or leather jackets in all Australia. However, and with the permission of the classic bikers, leather pants are one of the most timeless and therefore sensible options to join this trend, along with classical ladies leather jackets.
It brings attitude and adds a cool touch to any look. Here are the two advantages that have made leather pants the absolute star of the season. An infallible bet to give your jeans a break. The user manual discards its primitive rock character to wear it in a sophisticated way, either with a leather blazer or with a sweater and stilettos. If you are still hesitating to get one, these looks will end up convincing you. And not only for the night but you can give a glamor and a modern touch to a casual outfit by opting for these pants together with a custom leather jacket.
By now you are more than likely to have a pair of black leather trousers in your wardrobe, be it straight, bell, or leggings style. These trousers are not only as versatile as simple black trousers but add a touch of grace to any look and update any garment that accompanies it. However, sometimes ideas may run out and that's when it's time to look at the advice of experts on how to style them:
1. WITH AN OVERSIZE BLACK AMERICANA JACKET:Leather trousers are one of those pieces that look good on spotlights, but you rarely see yourself in them. You identify them, you look at them, you value them, you see other guys who are wearing them out, like Timothée Chalamet, Justin Theroux or Kanye West, for example. And you jump and wonder. If they look good on them, why not you? They don't seem that hard to put together either, do they? Chalamet wears them as if they were part of a black suit, Theroux as if they were jeans and West in a sweatshirt. A priori they are as versatile as jeans. But when you imagine yourself tucking your legs into them, it's inevitable not to remember Ross Geller and his awkward situation with the leather pants. It is something that is installed in our memory and is difficult to erase.
2. WITH A CLASSIC BLACK JERSEY:This basic set is elevated if a garment with a special fabric comes into play, such as leather trousers. Pair high-waisted, flared-style ones with a black turtleneck worn inside.
4. WITH ACCESSORIES AND JEWELRY:If you want to wear leather in more formal looks, opt for high heels with glitter or bags with jewel details. They will make you look distinctive and chic, giving a touch of elegance, and can also be combined with a ladies leather jacket.
4. TOTAL BLACK INFALLIBLE:Of course, and as with other looks that include black leather, monochromaticity is one of the most recurring options. It is a perfect idea to wear a pair of trousers to an evening event, a dinner or other special date, to be very elegant without complicating yourself. Alexa Chung knows that a black monochrome look never fails and that it doesn't have to be boring if details like leather shoes are introduced. Yes, you can also surrender to its basic essence and wear these black leather trousers. The novelty? This look is the epitome of elegance.
5. WITH LACE:In the game of contrasts this is virtue. Mixing a romantic garment with a more grunge-looking garment such as leather trousers result in a perfectly balanced look.
6. WITH NUDE TONES:If you want to wear leather trousers for more formal looks, try combining them with lingerie tops, satin, or silk garments and, if possible, in neutral tones. At the same time, you can wear them with a black leather blazer, a style that never fails and looks very fashionable, thus achieving it with little effort. The combination of leather trousers and a long coat is loved by fashion bloggers. Extra points if your coat is a camel or a light brown color, since the contrast of colors and textures will give a very interesting touch to your look. This type of outfit can be as casual or formal as you want, depending on the shoes you use tennis for a normal day or ankle boots for a special outing.
7. WITH AN ACCESSORY THAT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE:If you choose to wear black from head to toe, choose to wear a bag in a striking shade like blue or also combine it with a belt or jacket with buttons for an effortless casual style.
8. WITH EARTH TONES:Leather fits perfectly with the softness of knitwear, so it is ideal to wear them with jumpers or tops made of this appealing fabric. Maybe for Coco Chanel and Karl Lagerfeld the best color combination was black and white, but the girls who dress better, prefer to replace the second with a somewhat more intense tone. Beige and black is a formula almost as elegant as the total dark look but more versatile because it fits better in daytime outfits. It is the perfect earth chromatic look, the one that combines in its garments and accessories the most characteristic colors of the season without neglecting the bestseller asphalt trousers and that once you treasure it you can put into practice with your dressing room basics. This style is widely used in conjunction with a long leather jacket.
9. ALL LEATHER:The total leather look is always successful, in an even better monochrome key, they can also be worn with leather shorts giving a modern and imposing style for an afternoon outing with that special someone.
10. WITH A STRIKING CARDIGAN:Dare to add color and opt for cardigans in bright colors or jewel details. It is one of the winning combinations of the season. The key is that your pants, without necessarily being slouchy, are somewhat wide so that you can slightly insert the wool sweater through them in the front at the height of the belt buckle if you opt for it. This will make you feel more comfortable than ever while giving you a stylish look.
11. WITH SNEAKERS:Since leather trousers have expanded their range of designs from the ones with high success like the skinny pants - now they are much more comfortable than before. And that's why they seem to be crying out for us to wear them with sneakers, just like designer Jeanette Madsen does. If you are going to follow in her footsteps, also choose high-waisted pants and wear the sweater inside: your legs will seem very long, and everyone will notice.
12. WITH FUCHSIA COLOR:Although in the stores you will have seen leather trousers of different colors, if you want a good investment, choose black. Not only can you wear it day or night, but it will combine with all the colors of the season, even with the striking fuchsia that began to triumph in summer and is present in the cold months. Dismantling the myth that says that your leather pants must be imperiously black comes this other proposal with which, it is obvious, you will raise the temperature of your seasonal looks. It is the easiest thing to replicate you just must choose a fluorine color like fuchsia to stand out.
13. WITH A 'PUFFY' COAT:If you opt for the total black look, you can be sure that your style will always be perceived as sophisticated and minimalist, with which you can add more striking pieces, such as a puffer coat or a wool hat that will make you feel cozier and warmer like never before.
14. WITH A CULOTTE STYLE:This is an ideal look to go to work or to attend a formal meeting. The leatherette trousers are culottes, so they have a double top point. A blouse with a bow, a tweed jacket and moccasin-style shoes add a 'serious' counterpoint to the ensemble. Ideal for an everyday basis and for a night out in the city.
15. WITH A DENIM SHIRT:Shirts also look great with this type of trousers. The good thing about leather trousers is that they come in different designs, and you can go for tight or looser pants depending on the look you want to achieve and what is most comfortable for you. For sunny or hotter days, you can opt for the combination of leather pants and denim shirts. Put on your paper bag leather trousers with a denim shirt and voila! Ready to shine. You can wear them with a long leather jacket with a lapel collar in gray if it gets cold. It will also look great.
So, it is obvious that leather trousers will never go out of style and that they favor all women and men. They are so versatile that you can give them the style that you want. For example, you can wear them with high heels and a denim jacket to go perfect at night out, and with a turtleneck sweater and sneakers you will leave everyone with their mouths open or you can also wear them with oversized hoodies and urban sneakers for a busy day in cities like Melbourne or Sydney.
It is very true then that many times we choose clothing items to achieve a modern and more original touch in our wardrobe. One of the garments that manages to highlight a look and elevate it with little effort are leather trousers. That's how it is! Leather trousers are a great example of it; modern and bold. Now that you have seen how they help to highlight your look and give life to your clothes ... Do not hesitate to incorporate them! To achieve a chic, urban and bold style that will make you look even more trendy. Don't waste time and get yourself a pair.
To be continue ..